All the above objects were acquired with the assistance of the Friends.
Strangers' Hall, Norwich
The Friends of the Norwich Museums was set up in 1921 to acquire artefacts for the Norwich Museums. Today the Friends are even more important, helping raise money, not just for acquisitions, but for conservation and displays and vital funding for larger projects within the museums.
Join the Friends of the Norwich Museums today.
- helps to buy artefacts for display in the Norwich museums
- helps to conserve those items already on display
- provides the first grant towards the acquisition of more expensive items so that the curators can obtain further funding
- funds larger projects such as the redevelopment of the Bridewell.
Advantages for you:
free entry to Norwich Museums:
- Norwich Castle
- The Bridewell
- Strangers' Hall
- reduced entry to important exhibitions
- 10% off all purchases in the museum cafe & shop
- a bi-annual newsletter
- the opportunity to volunteer within the museums
- trips to places of interest & regular lectures in the Castle
- a monthly informal meeting of FNM members. Members are able to meet up over a cup of coffee in Norwich Castle at 11am on the third Tuesday in the month.
Registered Charity No: 311114